Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Cause I'm little."

Little sad tonight, but our fox Ash is possibly sitting fat and sassy.
Maybe the nightly hotdogs were just not enough? You see, it started with him visiting one night and then every one there after. I thought if I gave him incentive to come to the porch to eat that he would leave well enough alone. But he knew where the hens lived and each night at ten o clock he would be visiting them.




Even though I was outside all day.
Even though the dogs were outside with me.
Even though the windows were open and I could hear clucking.


Only nine of our fifteen chickens came home.


Not much evidence of sorts, but a few feathers on the ground. Harlem took trail and brought David straight to where Ash is living. It is sad but what really can one do? I'm amazed it hadn't happened sooner. I am the biggest animal lover and I cannot be mad at little Ash for doing what he finds natural.  Being a wild animal, who grew bored of Nathans hotdogs.

But I am sad for my sassy little hens:(

Foxtrot, Madame, and David Ortiz have all survived the ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment