Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Friday, July 29, 2011

"Whats that coming out of her nose?" "Spaceballs!"

They did it again.

Half asleep, letting the dogs out- I heard the noise first.

I saw a small cloud get larger and larger, louder and louder. I looked up and not only were they in the spot they swarmed to before, but they formed two clumps.

As before, I woke up David (this time more gently and less abruptly) and we watched the swarm as they went back home.

Yes my friends, they swarmed out, collected, and then went back home.

This time I have no explanation.  I have done everything by the book (and mentors) and still they swarmed.  I'm very grateful they have come back but this leads me to think that these past two times have not been the only two times.

The site is still amazing- bee's covering your yard. Flying so heavy with honey they look like B52 bombers (and sound quite similar) One gals in fact wanted to collect in my hair. I didn't allow that.

I got the best pics I could- here they are to follow.

Am I defeated?
No.
I have done what I can to make their home enjoyable. If this is their need then I have to go along with it. You can only "trick," nature so much before they make a joke out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment