Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pensez-vous que l'hiver sera rude?





Our buddy is back......

A month and a half has gone by since we haven't seen his little, furry, black striped, sweet face. And I have to be honest in saying, that I was beginning to think that Ash had possibly moved on.

But I didn't give up hope. I was dreaming about him pretty regularly.  I thought it was possibly cause he was just on my mind so much. I missed him. I loved his nightly company. But when David told me that he had some dreams about him too- I knew that Ash was something important in our lives. He was more than just a wild animal getting an easy fill of food.

I was on the phone with my Mom last night talking about how for the past couple of nights- food had been disappearing from our porch again.

Yes, I still ( even though Ash wasn't showing) leaving scraps of meat on the steps in hopes that he would show and know that we still had an open door (and heart) for him.  If he didn't show the crows would get it in the morning, and I was ok with that.

But as I just mentioned, I noticed that food had disappeared from the porch before morning. "It had to be him!" I told David.  But David is the voice of reason, ad he told me it could possibly be a skunk now trained to eat hotdogs each night from our porch.  I said if it was a skunk, " then we now have a pet skunk."

But the other night, The hotdogs were gone within the hour of putting them out. And I just knew it had to be Ash- what other animal knew that when the porch gate was open, and the light on- that there would be supper ready?! Only Ash.

So after explaining this all to my Mom she came up with the great idea of putting some lime, or flour on the steps to see what animal tracks walk thru it.  Lime or flour wouldn't hurt the animal, and we would have our answer!

So after getting off the phone with her, my loving husband grabbed a cup of lime and walked out to the porch.  He made it to the door when he yelled - "He's here?!"

I ran.

My heart racing.

Outside sat out little friend. Beautiful as ever. Full tailed, and sweet faced. As if he never left us.


As you can see in the picture I can't wipe the smile off my face. Here he was back again on our porch eating some turkey meat (we had run out of hotdogs) looking at us with those big red eyes.

My heart is racing just thinking about it.

So why does this make me so happy? 

Why would a rather pesky animal to most people bring such joy to the Glory Downs Farm?


My only explanation is that God knows I see Him in all nature. 

I feel like He is sending this foxy companion as a reminder to how beautiful the natural world really is. How all creatures of Our God and King, can bring His love.  Its more than an animal drooling when he hears a bell ring (Pavlov) Its an animal warming our hearts and reminding us how sweet Our God truly is.

I look forward to hopefully seeing Ash again tonight. And I look forward to thanking God for the lovely treat that His reminder is<3


1 comment:

  1. Yay for Fantastic Ash's return!! Love your enthusiasm!!

    ReplyDelete