Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Assumptions.

While at the gym the other day, waddling my way thru thirty minutes of a treadmilled walk, I saw a lady that looked familiar to me.   She ended up using the treadmill next to me and I happen to work up enough bravery to say " hey you look familiar to me?!"  When she turned towards me I immediately recognized her as our neighbors friendly wife and we chatted it up for a bit.  We mostly talked about how the pregnancy was going and all the niceties of motherhood.  I was so caught up in the conversation when my timed waddle session came to an end.  We said our goodbyes to one another and before leaving I yelled to her, " Stop by for some eggs sometime!"






It wasn't until I was well on my way home that the smile dropped off my face. I realized that this friendly neighbor  has no idea that we have chickens, or the fact that we sell their eggs. Chicken eggs.

Pregnancy conversation with another women ended with me inviting her to get some eggs sometime.......

whoops.

2 comments: