Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Nesting.

While Andy Dufrense manages to escape on a daily basis to vacation in the big open yard, she doesn't stop working.  I keep seeing her coming from the woods, so I decided to further investigate.   I wasn't shocked to see that this smart gal happened to make herself a nesting box and get down to business.



I've been getting asked the question of "are you nesting?" alot lately.  My response is that I felt like I have been nesting since day one of finding out we were having a cub........up until today.


While there still feels like there is much to be done before our sweet girl arrives, I think I happened to do alot off that to do list today. It was a complete whirlwind of humidity dried hair, moomoo, and waddle enhanced flip flops today.

I have:

Washed and folded 4 loads of laundry which included sheets for all of the beds in our house.
Wash 31 dozen eggs. (no eggaxeragtion)
Clean the chicken coop
Clean, and move Easters chicken coop
Take out the trash (the ability to remember to do that is a feat unto itself)
Clean out our upstairs closet (now you can actually open the door to it)
Wash baby girls clothes and sheets
Shower
Pack hospital bags
Write out a list for feeding instructions for our chickens to whomever decides to undertake that task
Vacuum entire house
Clean bedroom
Hang up clothes ( one thing that NEVER seems to get done)
Swept stairs
Clean kitchen
Did dishes
Clean windowsills (?!)
Clean bathroom


Is this what nesting means, or could it be because I slept till 10 am this morning.....something I haven't done in.....well I don't remember the last time I woke up that late.

We find out tomorrow what the "official,"due date will be for our baby girl.  One of the dates given was actually yesterday. With contractions becoming more of a routine thing, and weird mood changes (first time entire pregnancy) and now this "nesting," extravaganza ....I'm praying that this sweet cub comes soon<3





2 comments:

  1. No that is not nesting - that is the burst of energy that comes right before the baby is born. The Bernero clan has an "official" nesting dance that we need to show you and David the next time we see you. Love to you both, CH

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is the burst of energy that they talk about- it was amazing. I had to chew gum just to get the energy jitters out! Weird thing a happnin!

    ReplyDelete