Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Thursday, May 16, 2013

It's like that.

You ever read a book, so good, that you know it has quietly and dramatically changed your life.  Your view point is slightly different.  You remember certain quotes and repeat them daily.  Maybe there is a chapter that you'll never forget?
It's like that.

You ever been away for the ocean so long that when you get the chance to go back to it, your driving and you smell the sweet salt before you see the water? And you swear you could float the rest of the way there?
It's like that.


When winter feels eternally long, that when spring arrives, you cannot wait to feel the grass on your bare feet?
It's like that.


It's the joy of an early sunrise when no one else is awake.  You feel that God has risen the sun in such a precise and colorful way, that only you think he has drawn it just for you?  Right then and there.

Its the feeling of relief when you slip into bed at night and all is quiet.  Your belly is blessedly full, and your lungs are breathing the cool night air, in and out.
It's like that.

You ever have a day that was just so good you wish you could repeat it?  You talk about it for years, as if it just happened yesterday?
It's like that.



The warmth of colorful Christmas lights that bring you back to wonderful childhood memories.










The taste of candy.
The smell of the atmosphere after a storm passed
The unexpected feeling of existence when someone tells you they love you.
The question of existence when you look at the stars.
The sight of your favorite stuffed animal, that no one knows you still have.
The comfort of coming home.
The smell of hay
The excitement of an upcoming trip
The feeling of the earth in your hands
The comfort of a warm blanket
The breeze of the summer wind thru an open window when you pass by.
The feeling of a dog leaning against you for a loving pat.
The chirping of a newly born chick
Green roots sprouting from the ground so fiercely that if you just listen hard enough, you can hear them doing so.
The blue glow of snow on a full moon winter night.




Your favorite song and your friends there to dance along with you.
It's your husbands love
Your wife's joy
Your mothers embrace
Your fathers smile
Your brothers laugh
Your sisters understanding.














































































It's all like that.



But it's also more.
So much more.


There are no words.
No image.
No emotion that could fully describe how i feel when I look at our daughter.
















                     

She ignites my bones.

God I thank you.


   
On my knees I thank you
For the miracle, she is.
The gift you have given us.
For this year of vast changes.
For this new role
For the tender care
For the music of her heartbeat.

For the love I never knew could exist.














Happy happy first birthday sweet Reveille.

You are poem, written by God<3

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lauren. Such a gifted writer you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, You don't know me, but I am an old friend of David's. Somehow your blog ended up on my google reader (probably from a facebook link or something like that), so I have been silently reading for some time. After this post, though I can't be silent any longer - I just have to say that you are an incredibly gifted and insightful writer and I love reading your blog. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the world. I think the world is better for it. Your daughter is lucky to have such a strong woman to help her navigate her time spent on this crazy planet. Keep on keeping on sister! :)
    -Erica Conner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noelle--- thank you, and thank you for always reading<3

    Erica,--- wow--- I'm honored by all your words.

    I write, and ramble, and ramble some more- I never really thought much past it. When I just read this email I couldn't really think of anything that would be a suitable to thank you for how it made me feel. Its not often that people take the time to say meaningful words to another- and truly make them feel good. Like really make them smile. Make them think they "hey! maybe someone else gets what these crazy ramblings are!!!" What a strong, uplifting encouragement. I want to be like that. I want to be one of those people that take the time to make someone else feel important in a world full of self concern. Thank you for being an example to me. I hope your day is as beautiful as your words, and kindness. And maybe someday in the future we can meet so I can shake your hand<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this!! So beautifully expressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday little girly!

    ReplyDelete