Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chicken Catalog 2011




47 pictures- count em, 47 pictures of chickens. 
 If you are wondering why, well I am too. But God gave me a soft heart towards anything fuzzy, and these hens crack me up.  I will try to add clever, witty, and unbelievably awesome captions to make this picture gazing worth your while. If its not worth your while, my sincerest apologies and may you enjoy finding other mindless websites to spend your time at.


When I looked out the door to head out this hen was in my our mud room. Her face looks insulted. Probably was because of the look I gave her which was "Oh! so sorry to need the mud room at the same time you do." "I should knock the next time."



These three photo are the chicken eating our lettuce. It was more like an experiment. You see- I had some lettuce that grew out of hand in the garden, when I tasted it (the over grown part that is) it was like licking a rusted copper pipe.  I gave some to the chicken to see if they have taste buds. They definitely don't. They kept eating.

As I yelled for the chickens to come- this one hard a hard time figuring out that the gate was wide open. I stood and watch in awe at her determination to make her hen-like body try to fit through this fence.  But soon enough I got bored and I believe she did too.

If this were in a art studio it would be titled: "Chicken in mid canter."

The elusive "David Ortiz."  Yes our hen's name is David Ortiz. And yes we do refer  to her as "him," because of his name.

Heavy Hitter

This hen pecked hen's nickname is "Madame." She came to us picked like this and is slowly getting better. But mentally I don't think she has quite healed from the pecked trauma. You will see why I say this in the next couple photo's.

Exhibit A.

Showing off her fancy footwork. This hen's name is Foxtrot. She follows me everywhere. True story.

Exhibit B.

"Amazingly awesome caption."

Dirty face.

Exhibit C.

Exhibit D.

She's going in for the bite




Boo Tay's

"Say what?! Gurlfriend?!"

The herd.

Dance moves.



"Oh wise and nobel chicken......... will there ever be a Speed 4?!"

"Yes- and it will star Justin Beiber."






Exhibit E.

Exhibit F.

Exhibit H.

Exhibit 34.

"I know you have my eggs....." "Suckah."











I have come to understand that chicken do tribal dances. Here they are demonstrating in these past photos. I try not to interrupt but they play such good music when they dance. They are totally in to Lionel Richie!

Hope you enjoy Chicken Catalog 2011. 


No comments:

Post a Comment