Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Wee Morning Wood Trucks.


Yes. Thats a big pile of wood chips.

I can't tell you how it got here. And I can't tell you what the purpose of them are. But I can tell you that we are getting about 15 more loads of this stuff by the end of this week.



We awoke just before six am this morning to Harlem barking up a storm.  It was still dark and I thought it was the middle of the night. My first reaction was that Harlem heard some deer in the back yard and went outside to ask for their hall passes. But David seemed to know what it was and jumped out of bed.

It was then that I saw people in our woods and the big dump trucks taking up our driveway.  Any other night and that would scare the piss out of me. But I knew that these woodchipdumptruckmen would be here periodically thru the week. I just didn't expect them in the wee hours of the morning and neither did David.

He ran outside to talk to them, and all about ten minutes later was inside to explain to me why they came so early. He also mentioned that Ash apparently knew that they would be here at six in the morning and sat in our yard to greet the men. I guess Ash got the memo.

I cracked up laughing as David explained that the men where in shock to see a fox running around their dump trucks inspecting them. These men were also exclaiming their excitement in another language making it seem even more -elaborate. 

I ran out there to call Ash over so that he didn't get in their way- and since they were driving huge trucks my fear would be that they wouldn't see him when they left. Ash quickly came over to the steps and sat. We enjoyed each others company at the breaking of dawn and watched the trucks leave together.



I never thought that in mid January, at six am. I would be outside of my porch steps, sitting with a big pregnant belly, with a sweet fox, watching woodchipdumptruckmen leave our driveway while my husband was inside throwing wood on the fire to keep the house cozy.


Life is pretty cool sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment