Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Why is he wearing a bandit hat?

David is a really good cook.

I'm not just saying that to be a kind wife- but he has me spoiled.

He is a really good cook.
 He takes the time to prepare food and cook it correctly where as I hurry up and cook things till the point where they are burnt. When they are burnt then they are done. I like the taste of burnt. I got used to it. As I learned from my Grandmother- "its time to turn the meatballs when the smoke hits the living room."

So tonight was like any other. We are eating late, cause its what we do. David is cooking a steak on the grill that he had marinating for a number of hours in a new marinade recipe that he was gonna try.  He had just placed it on the grill and lit a black and mild to smoke, when he had to come back in the house for something.  When he went back outside Ash was there.
Waiting.
Patiently.
Or at least "pretending," too.
Both of us had not put hotdogs out knowing that Ash would get any steak scraps left over.

When he saw Ash he (quite literally ) said "Oh Hey Ash, hold on- I'll get you something!" But went to check his steak too.

The steak was gone.

And in an instant, Ash was running off with it.

IT seems that he watched as David went into the house and appeared innocent when he came back out, having already stolen his steak.


Then, not wanting to get caught red pawed and (wearing his bandit hat) took off with David's (well marinated and slightly warmed) steak.


Ash ate very well tonight.


David did not.

2 comments: