Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Thursday, August 4, 2011

You know, you really are... fantastic.



"Basically, there's three grabbers, three taggers, five twig runners, and a player at Whackbat. Center tagger lights a pine cone and chucks it over the basket and the whack-batter tries to hit the cedar stick off the cross rock. Then the twig runners dash back and forth until the pine cone burns out and the umpire calls hotbox. Finally, you count up however many score-downs it adds up to and divide that by nine."

"Got it."

Ash came by for his first round of treatments. The Ivermectin will wipe out any worm, parasite or lice that the little bugger might have on or in him.  This here makes me feel good.

I have been learning alot about foxes in the past couple days. Alot of reading and videos make me fall in love with the speicies even more. If you know my husband and I well you will know that our favorite movie (which we watch weekly) is Fantastic Mr. Fox.

We saw it in theaters, on a whim, when it first came out.  We had no idea what the movie was about but when it was over we wanted to stay in the theater and watch it again.  It embraces our sense of humor and look on life situations.  Mr Fox, has and always will remind me of my husband.......There has been times where I thought he was mimicking the character Mr. Fox- but only to realize he wasn't.

So, to have a little fox show up on our doorstep and not leave, just feels all to right.  (I encourage you to watch the movie to see how Ash got his name:) )

One thing that I had found interesting about our little boy was that when he approached us he seemed to let the air out of his lungs.  He wasn't wheezing persay, but almost like a push of air out of his mouth.  He would do this as he climbed up the stairs and then as he grabbed his food. Come to find out this is a sort of greeting- here's a video to back it up and show what he was doing: (not actually our fox-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__aX9OQDMYo

I'm hoping that his trend continues as he grows more comfortable with us. I assure you that our intention is to not disrupt his wild animal life- but to instead give him a fighting chance.  In the way I see it - he found us- and came back each night. We provide food for him, and it is up to him if he wants it or not.  He provides us sweet company. He is a young kit, and I am sure that his familia was killed outside our driveway a month before he appeared. In all the terrible things we do to mother nature I see this as a form of debt being repaid. The more I learn the more I love and the more I love this animal the more I see the Beauty of God, and His creations.

1 comment: