Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Sunday, August 7, 2011

"My friends call me "Whiskers," cause I'm curious like a cat..."


Here's our lil shorty......ok, ok, bad attempt at sounding cool and unique.
Here's our little buddy boy (much better)
Coming in, early again, to eat his fill!

This night was de-wormer spiked chicken that apparently tasted great. The little bugger grabbed as much chicken as he could in his mouth and would take it off the porch to eat it. When he was done with his fill, he came back for more. As I sat there handing him pieces of chicken he would tuck them into the back of his mouth and wait for the next. When the chicken was just about falling out and he could stuff no more, he ran and ate them. Only to promptly return for more.  A behavior I hadn't seen in him before.

Side note; I was on the phone with my StepMom when he came trotting over. I was just getting done talking about how he comes at the same time every night when "trot, trot, trot," up he comes. When I asked her what time it was she told me- "9:55."
Our little boy is appreciative of tea time being on time.

Side story;

Last night was the first night in awhile that we weren't gonna be home around ten p.m. (Should I be admitting that?) Any ways, I left some canned cat food out in his dish and we put it on the steps. It began pouring- his food got soaked and by the time we got home we could see that the wet cat food became to wet to eat. Especially now for such a proper fox.  So - we drained it the best we could and let it be. (I secretly went to bed thinking that the only reason why Ash didn't show is that he had a previous dinner arrangement that he felt would be rude to cancel on) (hey- it helped me to sleep)
So our beautiful sister came home at 1 a.m. and she told us she saw Ash. When we got the story from her this morning I was much warmed.....
It appears that he was in the driveway- sitting when she pulled in. When she got out of her car he came trotting up to her. He then followed her all the way to the back steps where his dish was. She sat. And so did he. He waited for her to give him some food and when she drew her hand over to his dish (which was right next to them full of the wet, wet cat food, he ate.

So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment