Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Thursday, August 18, 2011

In the depths of the jowels....



Being a dog owner is one of the best jobs in the world. Its so good in fact that to say you "own a dog," is almost an insult.  I prefer to say that we have two dogs sharing a residence. Or better yet- we have two, four legged children. The latter being the more precise description of what our "ownership,"entails. (Or shall I say enstubs.)

Anyways- one of the fun things about chilling with dogs is finding out what they put in their mouth. Since our two, four legged children our boxers by race, this discovery happens pretty often for us. To top it off they have jowels. (Please see previous post about "Jowel Crop.")
When your dogs have jowels- the "search and rescue," mission of what is in their mouth can sometimes be a bit of a pursuit. It doesn't just meerly involve and "open the mouth and look down the gullet." Oh no- this involves "raising the jowels and rooting around till you find what they are storing in dem dere jowels," sort of action.

Upon doing so tonight with our youngest Indie, I found this- exhibit "a." My first reaction was - "Oh gross its a half eaten bug." But upon further investigation I was left dumbfounded. 
You see exhibit "a," looks like a piece of wood, has soft texture, and one side is covered with white wax. She found it in the kitchen with much guilt written across her face.

I wish I could say that I hae a suggestion as to what exhibit "a," is- but alas, I do not.
If there be any sleuths out there- please gum up your shoes an help a lass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment