Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Sunday, December 18, 2011

And I saw red....hearts.



Ash came by last night around 4:45 just before the sun was setting.  He had OBVIOUSLY just woken up, as he was sitting in the driveway- eyes half closed, yawning and stretching, when David saw him.  We had been inside the house for awhile, and David was just about to step outside when he said "he's here."



So I could go on with something witty and creative to the post- but honestly..I got nothing.  I got nothing but admiration for the beauty of this friendly creature.....I hope you enjoy these picture as much as I enjoyed taking them.  There are some blurry ones that I decided to post because even the blurry ones, were just too pretty to pass by.

Here's Ash just getting up from a stretch to make his way over.  I was sitting on a stump near our back porch with his food dish at my feet.

Playing with the settings on my camera phone makes this photo look darker than it actually was.  But sleepy eyed fox brightened my evening.

He had not taken any food yet- but this is him just sniffing me as I sit still. Love this drunky sleep face. Just to let you know as well- when Ash approaches its on his own ground. I DO constantly talk and give his whistle so he is used to my voice, and chatter.  But he is STILL a wild animal, and this contact with him is strictly by his will. By no means do I reach for him, hold my hand out to him, or allow him to eat from my hand, while pregnant. He has eaten from my hand before, but it was when I had on gloves and was to assure he was eating his medicated food. All was done before I was pregnant.

Ash always glances around him before eating.  Although this is his instinct for his own protection, he is less fearful during lighter hours.

That being said he heard the door open and scampered a few feet away.


The white flakes on his fur was the snow flurries starting to fall.

Love those radar ears.

Handsome

Foxy

Nice white teeth!!! Licking his mouth after eating.

Watching David on the porch.





Coming back over


Round Two- eat!



Notice the little cut on his foot?  The other night he came into the driveway, limping (once again- seems to happen every three weeks) with a little bit of blood on his paw. David told me that when he saw him he asked Ash if " the prospective mouse dinner had won that night?" Needlesstosay Ash ate four hotdogs......



Long visible whiskers on any whiskered animal is a sign of good health.

Burying his food. Not really working at hiding it.
























"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." - Chief Dan George, Tsleil-Waututh Nation, British Columbia, Canad












3 comments:

  1. Lauren, Ashley's fur is just gorgeous!! She is so beautiful. You guys did a great job cleaning her up. Maybe some day she will come back with little ones for you to feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what we are hoping for!!! That is- if we find out he is a she!!!! It was all up to Ash to eat those meds- I'm so happy he (or she) did!!!

    ReplyDelete