Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let her Dance....

"Did I ever tell you about the time we learned we were going to have a cub?"
"In the fox trap..."
"Right. We were at gunpoint and your Mother..."
"Said she was pregnant."
"Let me tell it ok?"
"I had no idea how we were going to get out of this jam, and then it hit me- what do foxes do better than any other animal?"
"Dig."
"Your stepping on my lines."
"Right. Keep telling."
"So we dug. And the whole time I kept putting paw over paw scooping dirt, and pebbles, your Mother digging like crazy beside me and I kept wondering ""Who is this little girl gonna be?""
"Or boy!'
"Or boy, right, cause at that point we didn't know."
"Baby....I'm so glad she was you...."




I always thought I was going to have a boy. Actually I was convinced that I would have a baby boy first. So convinced that I left no option of a little girl in my mind.

About a year ago- I had a dream. I dreamt that I was laying in a hospital bed when a doctor handed me a baby.  I looked at the doctor and said "I wasn't pregnant?!"  The doctor only replied, "But this baby is yours."

I looked down at the baby in my arms and saw the most beautiful little baby girl that I have ever laid eyes on. When I saw her I knew instantly that she was ours. She had David's big deep blue eyes and she was laughing.  I was in love.


When I woke up from the dream, my world was rocked.  I couldn't shake this baby girls face from my mind.  A year later and we learn that we are having a cub, and the dream is on the forefront of my mind.


Most of my friends all said it was a boy. All the old wives tales point to boy. But I wasn't convinced. Long gone was the thought of having a boy, and in comes the thought of the girl in my dreams....



I'm so glad its you-

5 comments:

  1. I knew knew knew ;) love you and baby lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most wonderful things you've ever posted on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting to see if your baby girl looks like the baby in your dreams.
    Are you on facebook? I am part of some wonderful groups that I think you would be interested in. You can email me at jrus1stcav@twlakes.net to let me know. -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So excited for you! I was convinced that B was a girl before the gender ultrasound. All the old wives tales said girl. Silly, isn't it? But I did have a dream many months before (similar to you) where J and I visited this house that seemed familiar and the grown-ups were so very nice. We met two little boys (maybe were 6 and 4?) and saw two girls (one with dark hair and one with blond curls). The two boys were eager to talk to us and I had a conversation with the older boy. I asked him when his birthday was and he replied, "January 30th!" And I remember crying in my dream because in my dream that was when our miscarriage baby was due. I happily asked his name and he said it was "Landon". So, after that dream, we decided to name that baby Landon (though he doesn't really need one in Heaven!). I just knew the dark-haired girl was my niece and I've always wondered if the other boy was Ben and the little girl may be in our future. Glimpses into the future. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen, that is so beautiful.......... Thankyou so much for sharing that. And no doubt to me that baby Landon is up in Heaven and he was playing with Ben before God brought Ben to earth. What a great comfort knowing that Landon is there watching down. Love this so much<3

    ReplyDelete