Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Define Farm.

Often times I think to myself, that we aren't really "farmers."


We have nine acres of land, yes, and we have a load of chickens, and bee's sure.... but when you are surrounded by some big time farms that harvest hundreds of acres of corn. Or you drive down the street to see meat cattle grazing, and thorough bred horses in daily training. I must admit that I get a little self conscious about our measly little "farm," in comparison to these high end, mansion-like farms.


But this morning I had a wonderful confirmation.


While ankle deep in chicken poop at 9:30 a.m.Shoveling the most foul smelling waste one could imagine along side my handsome husband. All while chasing escapee chickens around the yard as a preying hawk circled overhead. Wearing Carhart gear and gloves, I said to him- "this makes us farmers."

Yup. Ankle deep in the worst smelling poop ever, was my awakening.

2 comments:

  1. It't that AND humming the name Farrmmmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. does "always having a dirty yard," help qualify us too lol?

    ReplyDelete