Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Sunday, December 11, 2011

You know, you really are... fantastic.






Ash: You should probably put your bandit hat on now. Personally, I- I don't have one, but I modified this tube sock. 
Kristoferson: We look good. 
Ash: Yeah, we do. 



Someone knows us real well.


And we are so very blessed to know such a thoughtful friend.


Last night, we were watching TV when the dogs started barking, running to the door, and looking out the window.  Assuming it was because Ash showed up, David went outside to see- but no Ash was there.

The dogs continued to bark pretty fiercely, but eventually quieted down.  A few minutes later, Ash showed up for his dinner (pork this past night) and everyone seemed to relax.

Before we went to bed, David went out onto our porch where we have a stock pile of fire wood, to load up the stove.  He came in carrying a jug of "Bean's Apple Cider, and a little Mr. Fox."

Someone who knows us well, and knows our FAVORITE movie very well, was thoughtful enough to leave this on our steps.

I have gone through the list of people that I know, know the movie well and no one will fess up. I am still "in search," of who ever has decided to lighten up my entire week.

So since no one has yet said who it was, I want to write a personal message to you;


I have said this before but I will say it again. I am a pretty sensitive gal, and I get often get offended by peoples comments more often than I should. I had a pretty "rough," two weeks, and I was once again losing hope for humanity and their "inability to care for other humans respectfully by keeping their mouths shut." Did I mention Im pretty dramatic too?
Anyways, it had been a few days before I got out of my funk, and I was slowly regaining my hope for the human race. But after a long day at work it had been once again diminished.
To see such a thoughtful and dear gift right before going to bed, left me with a great night sleep, and a morning filled with cheer. Who ever you are you made me feel great in my "purpose of helping animals," and the rehabing of my favorite red coat. Not only did you create something from a movie that means the world to me and David, but you went out of your way to let us creatively find it, and make it seem as if Ash went out with Mr. Fox to steal some of Beans's cider.
I wish I knew who you are so I can be a better friend to you.  I am a sensitive gal, but I'm also very sentimental. My downfall is I often forget to show my friends how sentimental I am over our friendship, and let them know how much they mean to me. Let your example be a reminder to me - as how to be a great friend. I can promise you that who ever you are I love you. I love our friendship, and I would love to be as thoughtful and creative for you as well.  You are a sweet as honey person, and God loves you more than you could ever imagine. Thank you for your gift last night, but more importantly- thank you for your friendship.

I hope I get to know who you are<3

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. That is sheer brilliance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were n Maryland I would think it was you!!! I even checked your fb this morning to see if you happened to be in MD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish it was me. Maybe someday I'll be that creative and not living so far away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete