Glory Downs Farm

Glory Downs Farm

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Drama at 41 Rhode Island Red Way.

Going out this morning to visit my hens and throw them some scratch and feed I was a little taken aback by what I saw.


There were all my ladies, wet, and muddy from the two days before of rain, but as happy as can be.  I looked up as I threw them scratch and saw the tree.

On Tuesday I had walked out into yard where Ash happened to be the previous night to see if he/she had dug any dens in the ground close to the house. I walked around a huge dead tree that was still standing and admired it for a bit. You see, the tree had a hole in the bottom of it that would make a cozy den for any animal.  It was dry inside and dug out nicely by nature herself.  There was no sign of Ash so I continued on.

This was the exact tree that came down last night- and on its way to earth took out two other trees with it, completely uprooting one of them.

It took out the back chicken yard completely with no salvaging the yard itself, but maybe some of its materials, and damaged the coop oh so slightly.

I praise God for the tree not hitting the coop fully- killing or hurting any hens- or taking out their lockdown yard that they use daily. It also fell feet away from the bees.

Check out the pictures please while I go clean up the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment